Good morning Neil
Firstly I am wanting to address points in your email before I continue my letter.
Adil and I are unable to be living together at this time, as I have three dependent children and I am currently employed.
I understand I can reside in Morocco for 3 months without visa but I cannot because of my children. This is not practical option to provide evidence that we are physically living together. Of course if Adil resided in a country that did not require visa to travel and was closer, both of us would have traveled to each others countries several times a year already, I live in New Zealand not Europe. I completely understand Morocco is high risk country to consider applicants to enter New Zealand therefore I have to provide more evidence as requested to provide immigration satisfaction we are in genuine relationship.
We are currently collecting letters from friends, family and my work colleagues to support that Adil and I are in relationship.
Adil and I speck every single day on Chat video this is why our msn chat history appears not have volume of chat conversation, we speck for about an hour before Adil goes to work, and at the end of the week for several hours. In addition to this I had met his family, his mother, sisters, brother and on occasion his cousins, but most frequently his little nephews Reda and Moad would play with me in the cam. When i first met adil his eldest sister (Siham) was pregnant.
Subsequently the duration of Adil and my relationship Siham gave birth and I looked forward to the arrival, as much as Adils family were. Adil sent me sms and pictures of Moad when he arrived after carcerian section, Moad was breach - but in due course I was able to see him on cam. I was very mindful of how quickly he was growing and was hoping he would not grow too fast before I arrived In Cassablanca. Since I have returned to New Zealand , I miss Adils family terribly especially his mother, she found it very difficult with the sudden death of my father as they were unable to be here for me. Is irrespective we could not communicate and is so irrelevant as I feel very close to all of Adils family. Adils sisters do not speck any english only adil and his brother. His sisters found it very entertaining trying to teach me arabic and would proudly have me repeat what I had learnt to aunties..not so much for what i had learnt but because of my accent pronouncing arabic language.
I purchased my plane ticket in December, after we both felt we were in love with each other. And at the same time I collated the documents required to marry overseas. I had complete confidence I made the right decision and felt I knew Adil well. I planed to be in morocco in June to allow me time to collect my finances together. On arrival in Casablanca Adil met me at the airport my plane was delayed, Adil was waiting for 2 hours, Adil saw me before I see him as I was preoccupied with a man who was insisting on helping me carry my bags..Adil paid the man and we made our way to the car park. Was no dought that i had made a very good decision and was more anxious that i was late and that Adils mother had cooked lunch for us.
When I arrived at his home, His mother met us at the door and was very pleased to see me, of course I was a little reserved as I was so conscientious of showing her my respect. I went to have shower then we sat down and ate lunch. Shortly after that adils sister Jalila with Safaa 3yrs and Badr 6yrs arrived. The children were so very shy of me. As my travel was approx 21 hours with stop over in australia I went and had sleep.
Over the next few days we relaxed went to the beach and spent time meeting adils family. I contacted friends I met in Morroco when I was there in 2008, we started inquiring what we needed to do to apply for our marriage license. Unfortunately my police report did not arrive before I left new zealand . We were unable to begin the process until this arrived I made arrangements for this to be couriered urgently, my childrens father ,David forwarded this for me. David and I were never married. . This time was very very arduous, the temperature in morocco for me was difficult and subsequently I became ill and required medical attention and medication, which Adil took care of for me.
So we did not have a honeymoon as such because it was very time consuming applying for documents and traveling back and forth to Rabat for legalization several times. So we had our holiday before the wedding, spent time with adils family. Over the course of weeks I met with adils family and friends. Adil arranged for us to visit his aunty in the city. I was very excited to met his Cousin Yassine who is currently studying fine arts, I have studied visual arts in the past. I was so taken with his work, Yassin gifted me one of his works of an old women, as a wedding gift, this currently hangs in my drawing room of my home. Unfortunately due to luggage weight I was unable to bring the handwoven blanket made by Adils grandmother, that his mother gave as gift.
We received our marriage license and arranged our wedding for thursday. Adils family arranged all of the wedding. We will forward copy of my facebook page and there are two links for our wedding video.
The wedding was wonderful for not only Adil and I but for his family. At times I forgot the wedding was for us because it was such a pleasure to see Adils immediate family, especially his mother and sisters, they were so very very happy for us. And was just so overwhelming to see his mother almost in tears, before the ceremony began she could not bring herself to sit with me because she was so very emotional. Adil is a very cherished son, cousin, brother and brother in-law and this was very humbling for me. During the wedding Adils sisters, and family danced for us which was fantastic, our participation was to just enjoy this.. Is very different experience to European wedding. There is no alcohol consumed, the focus is the celebration.
We spent our wedding night with adils aunty and cousin at her villa on the beach, sidi rahal. Adils aunty souad , cooked wonderful traditional lunch for us. At no time did I feel uncomfortable because of any cultural differences in the contrary I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel and experience a country less fortunate economically but rich in their religion, culture and unity of basic values of humanity.
Please contact me if you need more information or need to do a telephone interview.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment